Donate Your Car to KMFA
Classical 89.5 has teamed with Vehicles for Charity to turn unwanted vehicles
into much needed revenue for the station.
Why should you donate?
- Fast, effortless removal of your vehicle takes only one phone call.
- Instead of selling, trading, or storing you vehicle, you can make a donation and receive a tax deduction.
- The satisfaction of knowing that donating your unwanted vehicle will support the classical music programming you love.
How it works:
- Fill out this simple online form: www.vehiclesforcharity.org/Donate/KMFA
- ...Or you can call Vehicles for Charity (toll-free) at 1-877-308-2408 to arrange for a pick-up. Have your title and current mileage in hand.
- Your car will be picked up free of charge, usually within 4 business days.
- The vehicle is then auctioned. KMFA receives 70 percent of the net proceeds,
and Vehicle’s for Charity’s partner, Denver’s ARC (a group
that provides advocacy and support services to individuals with disabilities
and their families) receives the remaining 30 percent.
- Most vehicles, from cars, motorcycles, to recreational vehicles can
be donated. The location and condition of your vehicle determine whether
it can be accepted for auction.
- Owners must hand over the following items when the vehicle is picked
- Title with his/her name on it
- According to recent federal law, donors may declare a tax deduction
equal to the gross proceeds from the sale of the vehicle. Notification will
be sent within 30 days after the vehicle is sold.
Not sure if your car is eligible? Contact 1-877-308-2408 and a representative
will be happy to assist you.