Marketing & Engagement
Marketing & Engagement Intern
The most critical traits for the KMFA intern are reliability, integrity, ability to take initiative and attention to detail. Computer literacy, excellent communication and writing skills, interest in non-profit management and the medium of radio, involvement and interest in serving the KMFA membership community, demonstrated ability to work well with others, are all strong advantages. Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program with an accredited college or university looking to supplement current course study in the Colleges of Business, Communication, Liberal Arts, or Fine Arts.
The Marketing & Engagement Intern reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications. The internship will be 10-20 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Social Media: Will have the opportunity to help shape KMFA’s use of social media. Intern will get the opportunity to recommend strategies and ideas for expansion of brand on social media
- Web site and newsletter: The intern will generate or coordinate compilation of material for the KMFA website, monthly e-newsletter and periodic e-blasts, including classical music news, station news and events, blog entries, and programming features.
- Target audience research and media strategy recommendations: Based on examination of listener data and possible listener surveys, the intern will research and recommend advertising and promotional vehicles for increasing the awareness and listenership of KMFA.
- Events: Intern will assist in the promotion of upcoming KMFA events, and also represent KMFA at strategic community events with table displays and/or social media presence.
- Other tasks as special skills and talents may allow.
- Experience in a non-profit preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter; ability to prioritize and juggle multiple assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Please email cover letter, resume and references with Job Title in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1 at 6:00 p.m.