Women in Jazz presents Kyle Turner and Friends on September 17, 2017 at the One World Theatre, Austin, TX. This combination of saxophone from Kyle Turner, Michael Ward on the violin, and soulful vocals of Andre’ James and Courtney Santana is the perfect mix for a dynamic evening of traditional jazz, smooth jazz, blues and a little old school R&B. Get ready to shout for more!
Tickets are $25, $35 and $40 plus fees, available at the One World Theatre Box Office, 7701 Bee Caves Road, Austin, TX, by phone 888-616-0522 or online at www.oneworldtheatre.org
For more information: http://www.kyleturnerandfriends.com/ or call 512-258-6947.
Women in Jazz Association, Inc. sponsors are the City of Austin, Hartbeat Productions, IBM, McDonald’s Corporation, The Austin Chronicle, Austin Revitalization Authority, The Villager Newspaper, Austin American Statesman, Fresh Limousine Service and Soulciti.com.
This project is supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Department.
- Date: September 17, 2017
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Venue: One World Theatre
- Website: http://womeninjazz.org/event/kyle-turner-friends-featuring-kyle-turner-michael-ward-courtney-santana-andre-james/
- Cost: $25, $35 and $40 (plus fees)
- Phone: (888) 616-0522
- Name: Women in Jazz Association. Inc.
The mission of the Women in Jazz Association, Inc. is to provide performance opportunities and experiences for non-professional and professional female vocalists and instrumentalists in the Austin metropolitan area. The objectives of the Women in Jazz Project are:
1. To foster the growth of jazz appreciation to residents not familiar with this American tradition;
2. To provide professional development in the performance and music industry to Austin residents;
3. To pass on the jazz tradition by offering youth cultural arts and jazz educational programs;
4. To provide a venue to non-professional and professional female vocalists and instrumentalists who are not regularly featured in Austin area venues; and
5. To increase the quality of life for all Austin citizens through jazz music.
Since 1994, the Women in Jazz Association, Inc. has presented concerts by local and national musicians, including youth concerts, and workshops for singers and musicians of all ages. Women in Jazz offers annual youth programs such as the ATX Youth Summit and the You Can Sing! Vocal Performance Workshop and Keeping in Real Jazz Youth Concert. The Women in Jazz Association has presented musicians such as Nancy Wilson, Dianne Reeves, Rachelle Farrell, Jazz in Pink, Jeanette Harris, Patrice Rushen, Jessy J and Joyce Cooling. Women in Jazz has also educated Austin about legendary jazz performers by hosting tribute concerts to Damita Jo Deblanc, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughan and other legends of Jazz.
- Address: 7701 Bee Cave road
- City: Austin
- State: TX
- Zip: 78746