The Office Administrator is the main administrative staff member for KMFA, working to create a proactive, service-oriented environment in support of KMFA staff, stakeholders, and activities. The Office Administrator also supports KMFA’s Major Gifts Campaign as Campaign Coordinator, the administrative executive responsible for the day-to-day details of Campaign implementation.
This is a non-exempt full time position. The Office Administrator works with and across all departments of KMFA, and may be assigned tasks by other station managers. This position supervises no direct reports, but may work with other staff coordinating and supervising interns and volunteers. Reports to the Director of Development.
Essential Job Functions
- Work well with and motivate a broad spectrum of people, ranging from staff and board members to donor prospects.
- Serve as the primary contact with station members and external customers by answering questions whenever possible and directing callers and visitors to the appropriate staff member when necessary.
- Schedule and coordinate all staff, board, committee, and Campaign meetings. Send out notices, handle refreshments and space reservations for meetings, monitor RSVP’s, and record minutes. Maintain Campaign files and literature and ensure that all Campaign materials are up-to-date, prepared, and ready for deployment.
- Answer phones, respond to visitor feedback, greet visitors, sort and distribute mail.
- Perform administrative functions for the General Manager, including scheduling appointments, travel arrangements, and document creation.
- Coordinate campaign correspondence, monitor gift and pledge records, and conduct prospect research.
- Copy, compile and prepare information for reports and materials to be disseminated at board, staff and committee meetings.
- Support fundraising efforts through tasks including but not limited to: coordinating food donation schedule during fund drives; taking pledges over the phone and in person; updating payment information for donors; mail merging tax receipts on demand; updating donor records, and fulfilling mailing projects (stuffing, sealing, stamping, ordering supplies).
- Maintain office supplies, coffee and hospitality service, and contact with building management and vendors for routine maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain the overall tidiness of common areas (green room, bulletin boards, food storage, front office, supply closets, clean up and disposal of food and service items after events
- Proactive upkeep of task prioritization and communication of deadline conflicts with management.
- Minimum three years’ experience performing top-level administrative work including business correspondence, telephone communications, meeting planning, and problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail including the ability to proof read documents and maintain accuracy of details in a fast-paced setting.
- Confident self-starter and lifelong learner.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and a familiarity with cloud-based software and utilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to recall names and work with extensive and varying lists of individual prospects.
- Ability to attend occasional late afternoon, early evening, or weekend functions.
- Ability to work usual office hours around Christmas and New Year Holidays.
- Ability to anticipate, troubleshoot, problem solve, create, and implement systems that contribute to a smooth, efficient, and smart working environment.
- “Can-do” attitude, outgoing and friendly personality.
- Ability to use personal vehicle.
- Appreciation for classical music and an ongoing curiosity to learn more about KMFA’s products, services, and community.
- Corporate and/or non-profit board administrative experience preferred.
- Non-profit fundraising experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upper $30s, plus a comprehensive benefits plan including fully paid employee medical and dental insurance, 403(B) contribution plan, vacation, sick/personal leave, and holidays.
Company and Culture
KMFA is an all-classical, listener-supported radio station. KMFA believes that classical music inspires and restores the human spirit. Because of that firm belief, we handcraft exceptional classical music experiences on-air, online, and in community. We are also committed to both reflecting and participating in the Austin arts community. Our core values are Listening, Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, and Stewardship.
Applications & Inquiries
Apply by June 30, 2018
No phone calls.
Electronic applications accepted only through posting at Indeed.com. Along with your resume, please include a cover letter which states your salary requirement and how you learned about this position. Or mail materials to: Office Administrator Position, KMFA Classical 89.5, 3001 N. Lamar Blvd., Suite 100, Austin, TX 78705
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KMFA-FM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.