This week's program is an introduction one of the greatest composers of the English Renaissance: William Byrd. We'll hear anthems and keyboard works, with performances by The Tallis Scholars, Trevor Pinnock, and Austin's own La Follia Austin Baroque, with special guests Mary Springfels, treble viol, and Meredith Ruduski, soprano.
- William Byrd
- Christe que lux es et dies. Performed by Magnificat. Linn 471.
- A Fancie in C from "My Ladye Nevells Booke". Performed by Paul Nicholson, organ. Virgin 90706. Sing joyfully. Performed by The Tallis Scholars.
- In Nomine a 5, No. 3, O Lord how vain, Browning a 5, Though I be Brown. Performed by La Follia Austin Baroque in October, 2013, with special guests Mary Springfels, treble viol, & Meredith Ruduski, soprano. Artistic Director for this concert was James Brown, bass viol. Recorded live in performance, used with permission.
- From "Cantiones Sacrae 1575": Aspice, Domine quia facta est, Attolite portas, Laudate pueri Dominum, Memento homo, Diliges Dominum. Performed by The Cardinall's Musick. ASV 197.
- Trevor Pinnock performs on the "Queen Elizabeth Virginals" (c. 1570, Italy): My Lady Wynkfylds Rownde (anon.), the Queens Alman (Byrd). CRD 3307.
- Opening and closing music: Sellinger's Rownde. Performed by Trio Settecento. Cedille 90000135.