This week's show follows the development of stylus fantasticus from its Italian origins to the Germans who took the style to its zenith.
- Dario Castello: Sonata in d minor (1629). Performed by violinist Bjarte Eike and members of I Fagiolini.
- Girolamo Frescobaldi: Toccata Quinta, "sopra i Pedali, e senza". Performed by Liuwe Tamminga at the historic instruments of San Petronio, Bologna.
- Johann Jakob Froberger: Toccata II and Toccata XIX. Performed by Alina Rotaru on the original Ruckers harpsichord in Neuchatel.
- Matthias Weckmann: Toccata in a minor, performed by Gustav Leonhardt, harpsichord, & Sonata No. 9 a 4, performed by Quicksilver.
- Dieterich Buxtehude: Praeludium in F sharp minor, BuxWV 146, performed by Ton Koopman at the Coci/Klapmeyer organ in Altenbruch. Sonata in a minor, BuxWV. Sonata in a minor for violin, viola da gamba and basso continuo, BuxWV 272. Performed by the Amsterdam Baroque Soloists.
- Nicolaus Bruhns: Praeludium in G. Performed by Ton Koopman at the Bielfeldt organ in Stade.
- Antonio Bertali: Sonata No. 10. Performed by Quicksilver.