We're always hearing from our listeners about how much they love KMFA and why they choose to support us. In fact, we've heard you make the case far better than we ever could! If you’ve ever listened to a membership drive and thought, “I could do that!”… now is your chance! We're turning the tables and asking you to record your best testimonial for supporting KMFA.
We might use your testimonial on the radio or online to help encourage others to support KMFA. You can record your testimonial on your smartphone and send an MP3 to email@example.com and that's it! You might hear yourself on the air.
1. Craft Your Testimonial
You are KMFA’s best ambassador for encouraging others to listen to and support 89.5. Will you record a testimonial for us?
Why do you value KMFA? Why should people support it? Be creative, musical, punny, inspiring – or just “Classically Austin”! Most importantly, be sure to follow these rules:
- Your testimonial should be about 30 seconds (the shorter it is, the more frequently it might be aired).
- Your testimonial must end by asking others to make a contribution to the membership drive.
- Your testimonial must include either our donation line phone number 512-472-22-21 (twenty-two, twenty-one) or kmfa.org.
- We'd love to hear your own original music, but please leave background music to us. We'll make sure everything's copyright friendly!
Please include your name, phone number, email address and mailing address (so we send you a thank you gift for your participation) with your submission.
2. Submit Your Testimonial
There are a couple of different ways to submit your testimonial:
- Voicemail: Prepare your thirty second testimonial, find a quiet spot, then leave it in a voicemail at 1-512-628-4741.
- iPhone: All recent iPhones have a built in app called Voice Memos. Open the app and record your pitch. You'll be able to listen to your recording, edit, delete, and re-record. When you're happy with it, press Done, save your voice memo, and email it straight from your iPhone to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Android: Many Android phones come with a Voice Recorder app pre-installed. Open the app and record your pitch. You'll be able to listen to your recording, edit, delete, and re-record. When you're happy with it, save your voice memo, and email it straight from your Android to email@example.com.
- Email: Record your pitch using any audio software, then send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SoundCloud: Record your pitch and post it to SoundCloud, then email the link to email@example.com.
3. Hear Your Testimonial
If we select your testimonial to be on the air, we want you to know about it!
- We will contact you via e-mail if your testimonial is going to be broadcast on air.
- We'll also post some of our favorite submissions below. Check back for updates.
Check out these listener testimonials: