Position Overview: The Accounting Manager is in charge of the daily financial and human resource operations for the station. The Accounting Manager reports the organization’s assets and liabilities, participates in financial planning activities, and collaborates with all station departments to facilitate effective administrative practices. The position maintains professional standards and deepens public support through positive interaction with, and accountability to, our stakeholders. The position reports to the General Manager and Finance Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards, regulatory requirements, and grant requirements
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assist in preparation and coding to the organizational budget and work with staff to track budgets as needed
- Manage cash by preparing checks and entering deposits and credit card transactions on daily basis
- Request cash requirements for transfers or investment as needed
- Assist in preparation of audit and tax returns in conjunction with CPA firm
- Attend meetings of the staff and Finance Committee and/or Board of Directors as requested
- Follow all financial policies to ensure best practices and compliance with all relevant regulatory agencies
- Manage relationships with KMFA property management, vendors and banks
- Maintain highest ethical standards for KMFA’s operations and fundraising
- Manage relationships with KMFA property management, office expense vendors
- Manage all cleaning and security needs with property management
- Manage and order all office supplies for all departmental needs
- Maintain office equipment maintenance and compliance with leases
- Order and maintain break room supplies
- Assist Development with pledge drive duties as assigned
- Assist Technical Director with communication (telephone/computer) needs of organization as requested
- Maintain Public File per FCC regulations
- Assist General Manager with organizational duties and minutes of staff, committee and board meetings as requested
- Assist General Manager, Directors and staff in travel arrangements as needed
- Work with the development and management teams to prepare all required financial reports as requested
- Reconcile individual giving, underwriting, and grant contribution tracking systems with the development team
- Assist the development and underwriting staff with preparing reports, monitoring and reconciling revenue.
- Handle all new and terminated employee documentation
- Oversee payroll processing
- Administer employee retirement plan (TIAA-CREF)
- Maintain and implement personnel and office policies and procedures; make recommendations as needed
- Train and supervise staff on financial processes
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree. Significant coursework in accounting or business management, plus relevant work experience, may replace education.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a nonprofit financial management position
- Ability to read and relay information pertaining to financial reports and information to staff members
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and non-profit operations/accounting best practices
- Experience with preparation of audits and non-profit tax returns helpful
- Experience in interpreting developing financial and human resource policies
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Sage 50, Microsoft Office programs, various internet browsers and online interfacing
- Classical music experience and/or public broadcasting experience helpful
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive based on experience (DOE), plus a comprehensive benefits plan including fully paid employee medical and dental insurance, 403(B) contribution plan, vacation, sick/personal leave and holidays.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
KMFA Classical 89.5 is a non-profit listener-supported classical music station of Central Texas. Our mission is to uplift, entertain and educate Central Texans by providing the best in classical music and cultural programming.
KMFA-FM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.
KMFA offers non-paid internships and volunteer opportunities. For more information, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.