Member Services Assistant (Part-Time)
The Member Services Assistant provides support for the KMFA fundraising programs and reports to the Associate Director of Development for Membership. Primary responsibilities include: gift entry, data hygiene and maintenance, member/listener correspondence, prompt pledge billing and thank you gift fulfillment, and assisting the Development Department on various projects as requested. Accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality are pillars of this department. Candidate will maintain a broad knowledge of programming, special events, services and benefits to promote KMFA’s mission and support of the organization. This is a part-time position, averaging 20-hours per week with possible additional hours during semi-annual membership drives, around periodic donor events and at calendar year end.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain accurate member records, with strict adherence to Payment Card Industry compliance.
- Serve as primary administrator for member donations. Enter gifts into Allegiance CRM database, scan checks for bank deposit, process credit cards and automatic bank drafts in Sage payment system. Reconcile Allegiance cash receipt headers with Sage and bank deposit batches. Prepare deposit cover sheet with attention to attributing funds to correct budget line item.
- Produce pledge bills and mail thank you gifts in a timely manner, within 24 hours preferred. Track thank you gift inventory and mailing supplies.
- Process automatic debit/credit and automatic bank drafts on a regular designated scheduled each month.
- Initial point of contact for KMFA Member Services. Communicate with members in person and via telephone and e-mail. Update member accounts with new contact information, credit/debit cards or bank account drafts, and record appropriate account notes. Create new member/prospect accounts and merge duplicates. Troubleshoot issues and provide appropriate follow-up as needed.
- Mail merge, print and distribute routine letters and e-mails including acknowledgements, pledge bills, credit card recapture communication and other development mailings.
- Review and analyze data problems. Suggest changes in procedures for improved efficiency and in order to minimize data reporting errors. Implement changes to office procedures as directed.
- During high-volume fundraising periods (spring and fall membership drives, end of year), candidate must be able to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy. With quick deadline turnarounds, Member Services Assistant will administer contest selection tool, notify winners and fulfill prizes.
- In periods with fewer member donations to process, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can stay motivated and maximize their time with database clean-up, professional development through webinars and suggesting and implementing procedures as directed for a more efficient work flow.
- Support corporate matching gifts program by entering matching gifts into Allegiance with proper notation, maintaining matching gift documentation, and tracking matching gift fulfillment.
- Assist with the execution of fundraising and donor stewardship events.
- Work with Development Team to support KMFA’s fundraising efforts.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 2 – 3 years of customer service, data entry and recent CRM database experience required.
- High level of computer proficiency, with knowledge of Word, Excel, mail merge, internet, and e-mail applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Proficiency at inbound and outbound phone calls, including willingness to call members for credit/bank account recaptures.
- Ability to pass a background check.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Appreciation for classical music and an ongoing curiosity to learn more about KMFA’s products, services and community.
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service and tactful treatment of confidential and sensitive data.
- Strong organizational skills, strategic thinking and flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Initiative to take responsibility, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to training and accountability.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively.
- Non-profit or public broadcasting experience preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Hourly pay rate: $15-$17 per hour.
- No insurance benefits available.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to:
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KMFA Classical 89.5 is a non-profit listener-supported classical music station of Central Texas. Our mission is to uplift, entertain and educate Central Texans by providing the best in classical music and cultural programming.
KMFA-FM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.
KMFA offers non-paid internships and volunteer opportunities. For more information, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.