We're celebrating composers with birth and death dates in the month of September, including Gesualdo, Hildegard of Bingen, Francesca Caccini and Johann Rosenmüller, with performances by Per-Sonat, Odhecaton, Musica Antiqua Köln and organist Christiaan Teeuwsen.
- Carlo Gesualdo: Illumina faciem tuam. Performed by Odhecaton and Ensemble Mare Nostrum.
- Francesca Caccini: Maria, dolce Maria & Io mi distruggo. Performed by Maria-Cristina Kiehr and Jean-Marc Aymes.
- Gilles Binchois: Adieu mes tres belles amours. Performed by La Morra & Je ne vis onques, performed by the Orlando Consort.
- Hildegard of Bingen: O cho(h)ors militiae floris (instrumental) and O magne pater. Performed by Sabine Lutzenberger and Baptiste Romaine (Per-Sonat).
- Johann Rosenmüller: Jesu ducem, qui per crucem, performed by Robin Blaze and the Parley of Instruments, and Sonata in C major, performed by Musica Antiqua Köln.
- Francesco Landini: Ochi dolenti mei & Per seguir la speranca. Performed by Gothic Voices.
- Georg Böhm: Prelude and Fugue in C major. Performed by Christiaan Teeuwsen, organ.
- William Lawes: Consort Sett in C major, performed by Phantasm.
View show archive