Assist Underwriting Department personnel and contractors in developing strategies that help generate revenue for the radio station. Projects will include updating and organizing important database information, researching qualified business categories, and helping to build stories designed to attract key prospects.
Learn about designing campaigns for public broadcast as well as internal scheduling programs that ensure underwriting contracts are fulfilled accordingly. This may include assisting with copy writing, gathering and organizing affidavits, and maintaining records of paid and trade agreements with underwriting clients.
Assist with KMFA Underwriting activities in consultation with Development team. Activities include but are not limited to direct mail, on-line or on-air content, and donor events and programs. Assist Underwriting team with fulfillment of community partners' and businesses' contracts, including all promotional options and agreements with applicable media and trade arrangements.
The Underwriting Intern reports to the Membership Director and Underwriting Consultants. The internship will be 10-20 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing & Promotion: The intern will have the opportunity to assist in implementing marketing and promotional plan as it relates to underwriting sales for public media.
- Database and File Maintenance: The intern will be taught the media database to ensure the accuracy of the accounts.
- Traffic and scheduling: The intern will learn the correlation between underwriting sales and scheduling (Traffic) in media placement.
- Contracts and Invoicing: The intern will assist the Underwriting team to ensure the accuracy of billing and contracts.
- Other tasks as special skills and talents may allow.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Marketing and Promotional background. Direct Sales background preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter; ability to prioritize and juggle multiple assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Please email cover letter, resume and references with job title in subject line to email@example.com.