KMFA is seeking an experienced and creative event's professional to manage outside rentals as well as in-house events. The events manager will launch a rentals program for KMFA's new building, a 20,000-square foot facility located at the Hatchery in East Austin. In addition to selling and coordinating rental events for outside organizations, the manager will work with KMFA's marketing, development, and content departments to conceive and oversee a variety of KMFA events in-house and out in the community. The new KMFA facility is garnering acclaim and excitement in Austin's cultural community, featuring a 135-seat live performance studio as well as multiple spaces for gatherings and receptions, and the Events Manager will be a key player in activating the space for a wide audience.
- Generate earned income for KMFA through rentals to non-profit and arts groups, corporate, and individual clients.
- Provide creative advice and logistical support for in-house events for donors, members, and the general public, including receptions, open houses, luncheons, musical programs, etc.
- Initiate, manage, and grow the KMFA rentals program by actively promoting, selling, and managing the facility as a venue for events and functions.
- Nurture and build relationships with event industry contacts.
- Achieve monthly and annual revenue goals for outside rentals and events.
- Plan and facilitate logistics for events, including contracts, registration, guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, catering, entertainment, and marketing materials.
- Develop marketing and sales programs to attract rental clients, conduct tours of facility for prospective clients, and negotiate and execute rentals contracts.
- Provide logistical coordination for outside caterers, event vendors, maintenance, and security personnel to ensure successful event execution.
- Minimum 3 years planning and executing successful events
- Portfolio of successful rentals marketing materials
- Knowledge of hospitality and special events industries
- Proficient in MS Office
- Familiarity with event management software
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Team player
- Certification in Meeting/Event Planning a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Communications, Marketing, Hospitality Management, Public Relations, or relevant field is preferred.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Events Manager in the subject line.
Volunteer & Intership Opportunities
We offer year-round volunteer and internship opportunities. For more information about volunteering, sign up for our Volunteer Round-up email list at kmfa.org/signup.
For more information about our for-credit college internship program, please visit our internships page.
KMFA Classical 89.5 is a non-profit listener-supported classical music station of Central Texas. Our mission is to uplift, entertain, and educate Central Texas by providing the best in classical music and cultural programming.
KMFA-FM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.