Marketing and Events Manager
Marketing and Events Manager
The KMFA Marketing and Events Manager extends the brand and personality of Austin’s classical music station across multiple platforms and for diverse audiences. The Manager will be a key team member in planning and promoting opening events for the new facility, a 20,000-square-foot broadcast, media and community event center now under construction.
- Social media. Generates organic and paid content promoting the KMFA station, brand and programming. Develops social media strategies for general audiences, membership and underwriting initiatives.
- Email Marketing. Edits, writes, and designs KMFA e-communications.
- Website. Maintains and refreshes website content, writing or assigning writing of web features. Keeps home page up-to-date and makes recommendations for improvement of site usability and audience relevance.
- Media Relations. Generates releases and publicity for newsworthy KMFA events and announcements. Maintains positive relationship with media and looks proactively for story placements.
- Advertising. Manages all aspects of occasional external advertising (digital, print, outdoor) including budgeting, contracting and placement, copywriting and design either internally or with outside designers. Assists underwriting department with management of digital ads for clients.
Station Events & Event Rentals:
- Market KMFA as a venue for private events, receptions and musical /non-musical programs.
- Distributes rental information through a variety of outlets and organizations.
- Coordinates tours of the facility with event planners and prospective clients.
- Executes rental contracts for events. Supervises event coordinators to ensure successful execution of rental events.
- Develops, executes or assists with on-site and off-site underwriting and community engagement events e.g. New Music Mixer, Birthday Social, Art & Design.
Qualifications & Skills:
Required Hard Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter administration, Constant Contact, Google marketing Live, Survey Monkey, Analytic skills for research projects, Budgetary skill to develop & maintain department budget. Strategic planning and execution to meet listener, advertiser and community expectations. Ability to execute integrated marketing campaigns.
Required Soft Skills: A creative thinker and self-starter. Strong interpersonal communication, public relations & presentation skills. Time management a must. Collaborate and work well with other departments.
Nielsen ratings, Scarborough market research, Allegiance system a plus.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include mention of how you learned about this job opening.
KMFA-FM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.