Today's show is a Purcell Party! It's not his birthday or anything; I just think you can't get too much of a good thing! We'll hear chamber music, an anthem, and a preview of Texas Early Music Project's upcoming concert, "London City Limits: Opera on the Thames".
All works composed by Henry Purcell
- Three parts upon a ground & Pavane in A performed by London Baroque.
- Suite in D, performed by Gustav Leonhardt, harpsichord.
- O God, thou art my God, performed by Voces8
- She loves and she confesses, A Ground in Gamut and Chaconne from Timon of Athens performed by John Butt, organ.
- Curtain tune from Timon of Athens, performed by The English Concert. From King Arthur: Hither, This Way, Let Not A Moon-born Elf, Hornpipe King Arthur, How happy the lovers, Fairest Isle, Chaconne. Performed by The English Baroque Soloists and the Monteverdi Choir, directed by John Eliot Gardiner.
- Closing Music: To the hills and the vales, performed by Voces8.