So many new releases, and only 59 minutes in which to play them! Today's show features music from pre-Reformation England performed by the Choir of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, chansons for Renaissance flutes performed by Zephyrus Flutes, and battle music from a reissue of a 1982 release by Hesperion XX!
- From 'Buxtehude and his Circle': Christian Geist: Dixit Dominus Domino meo. Performed by Theatre of Voices.
- From 'Chorus vel Organa': Processional: Sancte Dei pretiose (anon.), Hymn Sancte Dei pretiose (John Sheppard), Lady Mass Cycle (Monday)- Gloria (Nicholas Ludford). Performed by the Choir of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, with organists Magnus Williamson and James Leitch.
- From 'Battaglie e Lamenti' (1982) performed by Hesperion XX: La Battaglia per cantar e sonar a 8 (Usper), Canzon in echo a 8 (Chilese), Canzon a 12 in echo (G. Gabrieli), Pavana: El Bisson a 4 (Anon.)
- From 'Pierre Attaignant: Chansons Musicales, Paris, 1533', featuring Nancy Hadden and Zephyrus Flutes: Si bon amour (Jacotin), Le Printemps (Appenzeller), Fantasia 62 (da Milano), Je navoys point (Sermisy), Pren de bon cueur (Manchicourt), Vostre beaulte & Amours, amours (Gombert).
- Closing Music: Nicholas Ludford: Missa Lapidaverunt Stephanum- Agnus Dei. Performed by the Choir of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge.
View show archive