The music on week's program was inspired by sounds far distant from composer's home. Italians Geminiani and Matteis were captivated by Scottish melodies, Telemann wrote a Polish Concerto, and Bach was fascinated by the sounds of Italy. We'll hear from the Palladian Ensemble, Juilliard Baroque, and Jordi Savall.
- Francesco Geminiani: Scots Airs. Performed by The Palladian Ensemble.
- Nicola Matteis: Bizzarie all’imor Scozzeze. Performed by The Palladian Ensemble.
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Concerto Polonois in G major. Performed by The English Concert.
- Marin Marais: Suite d’un Gout Etranger (selections). Performed by Jordi Savall, viola da gamba Marais: Suite d’un Gout Etranger Alia Vox
- J.S. Bach: Italian Concerto. Performed by Gustav Leonhardt, harpsichord.
- Francois Couperin: L’Imperiale (Selections). Performed by Juilliard Baroque.