This week's program features hymns and motets in honor of the Virgin Mary, including a setting of Ave Maria by Loyset Compère, Ockeghem's Intemerata Dei Mater, and Monteverdi's electrifying Sonata Sopra Sancta Maria from his Vespers of 1610. Our performers include Pomerium, the Orlando Consort, and the Taverner Consort, Choir, and Players.
- Walter Frye: Ave Regina. Performed by Capilla Flamenca.
- Guillaume Dufay: Ave Maris Stella. Performed by Pomerium.
- Johannes Ockeghem: Intemerata Dei mater. Performed by Pomerium.
- Jacob Obrecht: Mater Patris. Performed by The Brabant Ensemble.
- Loyset Compere: Ave Maria. Performed by The Orlando Consort.
- Josquin des Prez: Ave Maria…Virgo serena. Performed by The Hilliard Ensemble.
- Nicolas Gombert: Regina Caeli a 12. Performed by Odhecaton.
- Claudio Monteverdi: Sonata sopra. Performed by Sancta Maria Taverner Consort, Choir, & Players.
- Walter Frye: O florens. Performed by Rosa Capilla Flamenca.