William Boyce was baptized September 11, 1711, and we're celebrating with a program devoted to his music! He's primarily remembered for his church music, but a modern edition of his symphonies declared they were "among the finest compositions of their time, not only in England, but in Europe." We'll hear a wide array of Boyce's musical offerings, including selections from one of his odes, symphonies, chamber music, and an organ work.
- William Boyce- Voluntary I- Gary Cooper, organ
- William Boyce- Turn thee unto me- Choir of New College, Oxford
- William Boyce- Trio Sonata No 1- Collegium Musicum 90
- William Boyce- Symphony No. 8- The Academy of Ancient Music
- William Boyce- Pindar’s Ode (selections)- Charles Daniels, tenor; Michael George, bassbaritone; Choir of New College, Oxford; Hanover Band