Even the greatest composers don't go it alone: they have friends, colleagues, and mentors to exchange ideas (and have a friendly glass) with! Today's show features music by Buxtehude and some of the composers he knew well: Tunder, Theile, and Reincken.
- Dieterich Buxtehude: Toccata in d. Performed by Arvid Gast at the Stellwagen organ in Lübeck's Jakobikirche.
- Franz Tunder: Salve Coelestis Pater. Performed by Harry van der Kamp, bass, and an unnamed ensemble.
- Johann Theile: Sonata a 4. Performed by Caecilia-Concert.
- Johann Adam Reincken: Fugue in G. Performed by Friedhelm Flamme at the Hagelstein organ, Gartow.
- Dieterich Buxtehude: Herzlich Lieb hab ich dich, O Herr. Performed by Collegium Vocale Ghent and Orchestra Anima Aeterna.
- Dieterich Buxtehude: Sonata in F. Performed by Catherine Manson, violin, Paolo Pandolfo, viola da gamba, Mike Fentross, lute, and Ton Koopman, organ.
- Closing Music: Buxtehude: Toccata in G performed by Gustav Leonhardt.
View show archive