Content Intern — Classical Austin
Classical Austin is a weekly offering from KMFA. The hour-long program and its long-time host and producer, Dianne Donovan, bring KMFA’s listeners information about happenings in Central Texas' vibrant and diverse arts scene, with a focus on musical performances and the artists involved. From composers to performers and presenters, Classical Austin raises awareness about the performing arts with candid discussions, taking the listener behind the scenes and into the creative minds at work in the local performance world. The Content Intern – Classical Austin will perform a critical role for the show, from being a part of conceptualization to booking and scheduling guests as a liaison, assisting with audio editing, and creating supportive promotional material (both written and produced audio) to be used on-air, online, and through social media. In addition to audio editing and strong organizational skills, critical traits for this KMFA intern are reliability, integrity, ability to take initiative, and attention to detail. Computer literacy, excellent communication and writing skills, interest in non-profit management and the medium of radio, involvement and interest in serving the KMFA membership community, and demonstrated ability to work well with others are all strong advantages. Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program with an accredited college or university looking to supplement current course study in the Colleges of Business, Communication, Liberal Arts, or Fine Arts.
The Content Intern reports to Classical Austin host Dianne Donovan. The internship will be 10-20 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Production: The intern will have the opportunity to fully development certain production skills within KMFA’s legacy local arts information program, Classical Austin, such as scheduling guests, assisting with editing, and learning interview technique. This intern will be involved from conception of the show to recording and producing the final product.
- Archiving: The intern will assist in the digital archiving of Classical Austin.
- Web site and newsletter: The intern will assist in generating material for the KMFA website including writing, audio and/or video, and other post-production, supportive promotional content for Classical Austin.
- Other tasks as special skills and talents may allow.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Audio editing skills required, with experience in journalistic sound preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter; ability to prioritize and juggle multiple assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Please email cover letter, resume and references with job title in subject line to email@example.com.