Santa Fe 2019 with Carla McElhaney
July 30 - August 4, 2019
Join KMFA for an enchanting music tour to Santa Fe! We will attend three operas at world-renowned Santa Fe Opera in its glorious, open-air setting, and two concerts at the outstanding Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival.
Nestled 7,000 feet above sea level in the foothills of the Rockies, Santa Fe is one of America’s oldest cities, and boasts a long history and rich cultural heritage. During the day we will make excursions in and around Santa Fe to explore Native American and Spanish sites rich in history, visit artisan workshops, as well as have a private visit to the home and studio of famed American artist Georgia O’Keeffe and view the dramatic landscapes she painted.
Meanwhile, you will enjoy the deluxe accommodations at the 4-star Inn and Spa at Loretto just a couple blocks off Santa Fe’s central Plaza and the company of KMFA friends and hosts. With warm, dry days and cool nights, this promises to be the perfect respite from the Texas summer. We hope you'll join us for an unforgettable getaway!
To inquire, contact The Grand Tour at 800-727-2995
- Prime tickets to: 2 chamber music concerts and 3 operas including Così Fan Tutte, Jenůfa, and La Bohème at Santa Fe Opera's open-air Crosby Theatre
- Four-star accommodations at the Inn and Spa at Loretto
- Excursions to Pecos National Monument, villages of Chimayo and Cordova, and more
- Traditional tailgate dinner at the opera
- Free time for additional sightseeing, shopping, or relaxing
- A small group of KMFA listeners and supporters
NOT INCLUDED: Flights to/from Santa Fe, travel insurance, and any items not listed in the “Included Highlights” section above. Optional group flight + group transfer for $365 is available; see registration form for details.
6 days/5 nights
$3,590 per person, double occupancy; $575 single supplement
$365 optional group flight + group transfer
July 30, your classical journey begins
August 4, your journey concludes after breakfast
1. Wednesday, July 31: Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival concert featuring music by Schnittke, Shostakovish & Korngold
2. Thursday, August 1: Santa Fe Opera presents Mozart’s Cosi fan tutte
3. Friday, August 2: Santa Fe Opera presents Janacek’s Jenufa
4. Saturday, August 3: Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival concert featuring all-Bach program
4. Saturday, August 3: Santa Fe Opera presents Puccini’s La Boheme
To reserve your spot, click "Register" to complete the reservation form and submit to the The Grand Tour with your deposit. Email to email@example.com or mail to: KMFA Santa Fe Tour, The Grand Tour, PO Box 274, Peterborough, NH 03458. Trip deposit is $800.
Questions? Contact The Grand Tour at 800-727-2995 / info@ thegrandtour.com or Virginia Alvarez of KMFA at 512-615-6902 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR TRAVEL PARTNER: