The most critical traits for the KMFA intern are reliability, integrity, ability to take initiative and attention to detail. Computer literacy, excellent communication and writing skills, interest in non-profit management and the medium of radio, involvement and interest in serving the KMFA membership community, demonstrated ability to work well with others, are all strong advantages. Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program with an accredited college or university looking to supplement current course study. The internship will be 10-20 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Production: The intern will have the opportunity to fully development certain production elements (such a car donation spots or testimonials) from the creative genesis to recording and producing the final product.
- Archiving: The intern will assist in the digital archiving of material deemed appropriate to the preservation of KMFA’s history.
- Web site and newsletter: The intern will assist in generating material for the KMFA website including classical music news, events, stories, and programming features.
- Other tasks as special skills and talents may allow.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in a non-profit preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter; ability to prioritize and juggle multiple assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Please email cover letter, resume, and references with job title in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.